A Comparison of Diet Liquid Drops and Diet Pills




Diet supplements are available in various forms, but they usually they come in pills and liquid drops. Whether which form is more beneficial than the other sparks discussions among diet supplement users and health and wellness experts alike. How are diet supplement drops and pills similar or different from each other?

In general, diet pills are more commonly used than liquid drops. Thus, people may be more comfortable taking pills. However, more physicians and health and wellness experts are recommending liquid drops. It is because based on page 1542 of The Physician’s Desk Reference, the so-called health care professionals’ bible, 85% to 90% of the nutrients in liquid drops can be absorbed by the body in 22 to 30 seconds. On the other hand, the body absorbs only 10% to 20% of the nutrients in pills – the rest goes to waste.

One reason why liquid drops are easily absorbed by the body is that preparing them does not require fillers or binders, unlike pills. Fillers and binders are added to supplements to hold the ingredients together and allow the small active ingredients to be combined into pills and tablets that are easy to swallow. They do not do anything for pill supplements other than making the pills large enough for the human fingers to handle. Fillers and binders are usually sugar derivative, such as lactose, sucrose, and fructose, and they affect the absorption rate and effectiveness of diet pills by as much as 65%.

Say for instance a diet supplement contains raspberry ketone, a compound extracted from red raspberries known to promote weight loss. There are raspberry ketone pills and raspberry ketone liquid drops, and both supplement forms contain the same key ingredients. While the key ingredients are the same, the rate and amount of absorption of the ingredients by the body are different. Those taking the supplement in liquid form absorb most of the nutrients contained in the supplement while those taking the supplement in pill form flushes up to 80% of the supplement’s nutrients in the toilet.

Pills have one advantage over drops, though. The shelf life of pills is longer than the shelf life of drops, and this is one reason why pills are preferred over drops. However, those who are taking diet supplements which are usually taken at least once or twice a day may not have to worry about the shelf life of drops since they consume the supplements immediately. Thus, drops may be more beneficial for them.

Moreover, with the help of technological advancement, producers of health supplements are coming up with ways on making the shelf life of liquid drops longer.



Source by Sherry R Bray