Ok, It’s time to see what the deal is with Keto, vegetarian/vegan and mediterranean diets.
1) The low carb high fat diet – sometimes called the Ketogenic diet…and the Atkins diet are all about reducing your carbs and increasing fats.
2) The keto diet is all about getting those heart healthy fats from natural sources like organic meats, fresh caught fish, nuts and seeds.
3) While doing keto you have to drastically reduce your carb intake, especially simple carbohydrates which come from white breads, pastas and sweets. Small amounts of complex carbohydrates are ok on the keto diet as these come from healthy green vegetables and fruits.
4) During keto your body goes into what’s called “ketosis” which starts to use your body fat for energy. This is why people see fast weight loss results from keto, but it also can lower your amount of insulin which can cause problems with regulating your insulin levels throughout the day.
5) Vegetarianism and Veganism are very similar with both diets eating a lot of plant based foods. The difference is that Veganism cuts out all animal produce entirely…this is everything from milk, cheese and eggs.
6) The problem with Vegan/Vegetarian diets is trying to get enough protein, the best way to get protein on these diets is from nuts, seeds and supplements.
7) The Mediterranean diet is found in countries like Greece, Italy and Spain.
8) The Mediterranean diet is more a way of life than a strict diet, you are able to eat more freely. This diet consists of salads, fruits and healthy amounts of olive oil. You can still have meat and breads but in small servings.
9) Everyone is different, so try different diets, experiment….and find one that suits you.
Get ready to learn the top 15 worst foods for diabetics!
► ► FREE BOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!