Get a Body That’s Ready for Summer:
What’s up y’all,
It’s Jonny with Insane Home Fat Loss and today I want to talk about a really great topic — Protein Shakes! Here at Insane Home Fat Loss we like to make sure that you’re armed with the best information possible so you can meet your fitness goals. So pay attention today because it’s advice like that this that will give you that edge you need to get the body you want!
Protein and nutrition shakes are a great way to get your meals in when you’re on the go but it’ not a replacement for real food. So today I’m going to give you a rundown on all the different types of shakes, how they can hurt you, how they can help you and how you can utilize them to your advantage.
0:38 What are protein shakes?
– It’s a nutritional shake made primarily of protein, usually in the form of a powder.
– But there are also other nutritional shakes that may have more macronutrients (carbs and fats) in there.
1:07 Typically a nutritional shake is based in a powder form of mainly protein or a mixture of the macros.
– You can get the powders in a variety of different forms such as whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, egg protein, vegan protein and even beef protein.
– They can pretty much make a powder protein from any source these days!
– And you usually mix these powders with either water or a milk / milk substitute of your choice in a blender or shaker cup.
2:12 How can these shakes help you?
– The biggest thing is that if you have the option between a shake and real food you should choose the real food every time. It has the real nutritional content and substance that your body needs.
– But these are good for when you’re in a rush or don’t have time to make a full meal.
3:04 What are the different types of shakes?
– First, there are strictly protein shakes which don’t have a lot of carbs or fat in them. They are typically around 125 – 130 calories with 15 grams of protein per scoop.
**Always check your labels to see the nutritional values and how many scoops each serving is.
3:33 There is a couple different types of sources available for your whey protein… whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, casein protein, there’s a bunch out there.
– But the best protein out there is whey isolate it’s the most pure form, but it will also be the most expensive.
3:51 The second type of shake I want to talk about is a weight gainer or a mass gainer.
– This is similar to protein shakes except they also have a lot more of the other macronutriients (carbs and fat).
– The of this is get the most amount of macronutrients in one meal so that you can get serious in the gym and put on weight.
– This is good for bodybuilders and serious athletes but is NOT for anyone who is looking to lose weight!
4:47 The third type of shake I want to talk about is a meal replacement shake.
– This is pretty much the type of shake that is right in the middle of a protein shake and a mass gainer. It has everything a mass gainer has but dialed way down.
– This is good for people who are busy but are still trying to lose weight, it has all of the macronutrients of a meal.
**You can have these types of shakes if you’re a busy person on the go, pre/intra/post-workout.
6:07 Now let’s talk about the bad.
– You’re not going to get the same results because you’re not going to get the same nutritional content if you drink too many shakes.
– It will shock your system if you drink too many shakes because you’ll basically be switching to an all liquid diet.
– And lastly, they’re not cheap… they cost way more than real food.
A good amount to start with is around 2 shakes per week until your body gets used to producing that type of food.
I hope you enjoyed today’s topic and find it useful to know which shake will works best for your needs and why.
For more workouts, diet and nutrition advice like you saw here today as well as awesome tips and tricks… come back and see us again and click on any of the links you see here. Don’t forget to leave your comments below to let me know what you thought about this workout and what you’d like to see more of and keep those progress pics coming in – Y’all are doing some great work out there!
See y’all next time, Peace!
And, would you like to know more ways to get fit WITHOUT a gym? Check this out:
Thanks y’all for watching, I know how tough it is to lose that extra weight and feel good about yourself… I was was right where you are not too long ago. But stick with it, once you have your diet and workout routine down it’s just a matter of time before you’re right where you want to be. It took me a while to figure it out but once I started doing it the right way, the fat just melted off.
Here’s how I did it – It’s EASY:
Remember to Share the video with your friends on Facebook!